Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Mongolian for a Night: A Taste of Mongolian Rice Bowls Eat all You Can

It was a Friday.  After A hard day's work, my husband, in-laws, and I decided to look for something to eat at SM Mall of Asia.  We're tired of fast foods, and at the same time we don't want to splurge on expensive buffet restaurants.  I remembered last Christmas, I went to Mongolian Rice Bowls (I'll call this MRB) with my church friends, so I suggested to them this place to spend our dinner.

Mongolian Rice Bowls offers a wide selection of dishes to choose from.  Aside from this, they also have an eat all you can Mongolian buffet for as low as Php 380 for dinner and Php 280 for lunch.  You could choose from rice or noodles as your base and mix it off with your favorite toppings and sauces.


Mongolian Rice Bowls Buffet Area

For Zham’s parents, they ordered Sirloin Tapa (Php 210), and Tilapia Fillet (Php 240).  Zham and I availed the eat all you can Mongolian buffet.

Tilapia Fillet

Sirloin Tapa

This is not the usual buffet setup wherein you’ll get what you want to eat and enjoy it right away.  The Mongolian setup involves an element of patience : ) Why? Because after you put in all that you want to eat in a bowl, you’ll give it to the restaurant staff and have it cooked for you.  They’ll give you an order number and you’ll have to wait for your bowl to be served. 

Number 7 please!
I started off with an egg drop soup. 

Egg Drop Soup
Then I returned to the buffet area to serve myself of what I want to eat.  My favorite sauce, I could say, is the Sweet and Spicy sauce, above the other choices—Sweet, Sweet and Sour, and Hot and Spicy (I tried this for my second round, I gave up).

They have a guide on how to come up with your desired sauce for your rice/noodle bowl.





I also added chicken and fish fillets, bean sprouts, carrots, chili paste, spring onions, bell peppers, cabbage, and tofu to my noodles before handing it over for stir frying. 

My Noodle Bowl Before Stir Frying
Then after several minutes (around 5 minutes), here’s my finished product:

Sorry for the not so nice presentation :p
I loved my Sweet and Spicy Stir Fried Noodle Bowl, but I wanted to try the Hot and Spicy bowl, with the same ingredients.  Basically, the stir fried bowl looks the same with my first one.  I tasted it, and it was too hot, too spicy for my taste.  But I had to finish it all up and I succeeded, thanks to my several glasses of water.

After having two bowls, I finished it off with a couple of mini cupcakes.  I was not able to try the other dessert options:  brownies and pastries, fruit jellies, cream puffs, and halo halo.


My dessert :)
Overall, we were satisfied with what we’ve got from Mongolian Rice Bowls.  We’ll go back and eat here again given the chance. : )

Sorry (again) for the tired and wacky faces :D

You can check out their website here.









No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Infolinks In Text Ads