Friday, January 10, 2014

Karen’s Beauty Post # 2: Unboxing my Glamourbox Beauty SOS Box (October 2013)

Yes, I know, this post is a little bit too late :P

The Glamourbox October 13 box, also known as the “Beauty SOS” box, is my first ever subscription.  And as early as now, I will say that this never made any disappointments. Read on to know why.

By the way, weird as it is, I already posted my review on the Glamourbox 2013 Secret Santa box here.

Now back to the Beauty SOS box.  I was thrilled upon receipt of the package through Xend.  Probably because you’ll never know what’s inside of it until you open it. 



The Box

Opened it...

Beauty SOS Postcard


The contents
The box claims that its contents will help the subscriber on all its skin woes due to stress, fatigue, sleepless nights and nasty habits (can you think of any nasty habits that can harm your skin? Maybe eating unhealthy foods or no healthy lifestyle).  Let’s see the contents:

Rejuvalash Eyelash Growth Serum – Got short, sparse or brittle eyelashes?  Rejuvalash is here to the rescue! It gives intense nourishment to the lash hair follicle, helping you achieve fuller and more luxurious lashes within 21 days.  Full size 5mL/Php 2,860

What I’ve got:  Full size


RejuvaLASH Eyelash Growth Serum
-      When I saw this from the box, I heard myself saying, “ooooohhhh… what’s this?” lol.  Fuller eyelashes has been always my frustration.  So I had high hopes that Rejuvalash will be the answer to my “eyelash dream”.  Apply it to your lashes like how you use your liquid eyeliner.  I used it for 21 days and I just got a slight improvement on my eyelashes.  I don’t have my “before” shot of my lashes so I apologize.  I could say somehow that this is effective for me.


Kanebo Impress Advanced CT Essence – Dryness, roughness, visible pores – you’ll forget that you had them once you try this anti-aging serum!  Its active ingredient carnitine repairs al skin damage, leaving it miraculously vibrant and fine-textured.  Full size 40mL/Php 12,000

What I’ve got: two 0.4mL sample sachets (around Php 240)

Kanebo Impress Advanced CT Essence

-      I can’t say anything on this yet because I wasn’t able to use this up to now.  Since this comes in small sample size, I’m planning to use this on one of my travels.

     UPDATE:  Been using one pea sized amount every night for two nights... My husband and I noticed that my face looked fresher and "brighter"... some dark spots under my eyes somehow disappeared... No wonder the full size is soooo expensive!!! : )

Avon Genics Gen-Protect SPF15 Treatment – Inspired by the breakthrough Youth Gene research in Italy, this facial lotion with SPF ignites your skin’s youth power.  Undo 10 years from the look of your skin in just 8 weeks!  Full size 30mL/Php 1,299

What I’ve got:  Full size

Avon Genics Gen-Protect SPF15 Treatment


-      This is my first ever anti aging product.  I’m not into this kind of product but since it’s in the box, I gave it a try.  I only apply this once a day, every morning before I put my make up on.  My husband also uses this everyday.  There is a noticeable change in my face after several weeks.  And since it has SPF, I don’t have to worry even if I walk under the sun without my umbrella (but don’t make this your habit!). 

VMV Hypoallergenics Id Monolaurin Gel – This unique, skin safe, face and body gel is superbly simple, but packs one powerhouse of a skin protective punch!  It treats acne and prevents oversweating, leaving the skin cooler and less prone to breakouts.  Full size 120mL/Php 710

What I’ve got:  Sample size 50mL (around Php 295.83)

VMV Hypoallergenics Id Monolaurin Gel
-      Upon seeing this one, I thought, “I like!”.  It comes in cool gel form, perfect for me who sweats a lot.  To tell you guys, I don’t have that flawless face, because during my teenage years, I used to have pimple/acne breakouts.  Good thing they left me alone after I graduated from college, though I have less than 5 on my face from time to time :D.  I used this on my pimple spots and it dries out after a few days.  I’m planning to buy the full size after using up the sample.

Ofra Lipstick in #202 (Red) – Get those puckers looking luscious with this lipstick!  It’s rich in antioxidants and vitamin E, acts as natural sunscreen, and moisturizes – your man won’t be able to resist kissing those lips all the time!  Full size 4g/Php 650

What I’ve got:  Full size

Ofra Lipstick in #202



-      Wowwww lipsticccckkkk!  I’ve been a lover of lippies since high school, and this came to my delight.  I used to wear pink and nude shades, so I was curious what my lips looked like in red.  I love this piece!  I am using this on special occasions.

Saforelle Gentle Cleansing Care – Enriched with the sodtening and calming properties of burdock, this gentle intimate wash delicately cleans and soothes irritations.  It has a mild alkaline pH and containes no soap or parabens, making it ideal for daily use.  Full size 100mL/Php 159.75

What I’ve got:  Full size


Saforelle Gentle Cleansing Care Feminine Wash
-      At first, I thought, “what in the world is BURDOCK?”  To satisfy my curiosity, searched it on Google and this is what I’ve found out:


It’s still on my shelf because I still have a bottle of Lactacyd.  Maybe I’ll try this by next month.

Discount coupons:
-          10% off Anma Lifestyle travel accessories
-          Php 500 off Soleo Swimear
-          Discount Coupon VMV Hypoallergenics

Discount Coupons!!!
I was not able to use them all before December 31, 2013 (expiry date). Sayang :(

The Cost:  Php 595 subscription fee

Total value of the box:  Excluding the discount coupons, it’s around Php 5,500!  Wow!!!! My subscription fee went a long, long way!

The verdict:  This is the reason why I subscribed again to the next box, The Secret Santa Box!


The Glamourbox Beauty SOS Box! :)

Go check Glamourbox at www.Glamourbox.ph or at www.facebook.com/GlamourboxPH :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Infolinks In Text Ads