Monday, February 3, 2014

Karen's Game Post: Some Thoughts on Flappy Bird

I just learned of the game Flappy Bird because some of my Facebook friends have been uploading screenshots of their scores.  At first I just went on and scroll my feed, ignoring this kind of posts. But the screen shots from my fellow blogger Venus made me curious.

I downloaded this free game from the Apple App Store and played right away.  My first try was a fail because I don’t know how to play it.  You have to tap the screen to make the 16 bit (or is it 8 bit?) bird fly and flap its wings.  Then as you go on you will encounter those pipes above and below the screen, resembling those pipes you see on the Mario game.  You should not let the bird bump on those pipes, or else it’s Game Over.


Makes me think of Super Mario :P

Don't let it fall (or bump the pipes)!
You have to calculate your intervals in tapping your screen to save the bird from hitting the pipes.  This game is so addicting because one error ends it all (you have to repeat the game from the start).  No extra lives.  No boosters.  No power ups.  Though I don’t know what’s the use of the “medal” icon after each game.  Maybe I’ll learn about it when I had one.

You have to patient in playing this game because you can’t afford to lose a game because of just one error.  This applies in our lives, how?  One wrong decision can lose your life. Hehehehe, connected diba?

My high score record as of this writing is—8.  Not bad.  Whenever my score nearly reaches my record, I held my breath while tapping the screen, hoping I’ll surpass it.  But oftentimes, I fail. Nakakapanlumo. :P

My High Score as of this writing :)

But my Facebook Friend Jem Pancho made me like,  Whaaaaatttt???  Because I saw his screenshot of his high score which for me is JUST SO IMPOSSIBLE! Hahaha!  Now that’s what I call “talent”.

My friend's high score. YOU ALREADY!
Go and download this game on your Apple or Android phone or tablet and save that bird from falling and from hitting the pipes!


What can you say about this game?  Share it by posting your comment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Infolinks In Text Ads