Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Just Tried the General Motors Diet!

Hello! I just want to share my GM Diet experience. As a background, this diet program has rumoredly designed for the employees of General Motors and their families on the 1980s, but I was able to read that it is just a hoax. But I tried it anyway. I need to see myself again in my clothes na di ko na masuot kasi i really gained weight.


I weigh 110 lbs way back college. I eat much especially rice. I can consume 3 cups of it in one meal. But I don't watch out on my weight because I dance and do basketball.

When I was operated due to appendicitis, I have to slow down on my physical activities, but my eating habit did not change. I was reviewing for my board exam then, so drained brain means more food to eat. It came to a point when I ate 4 cups of rice, even with a little serving of ulam, to satisfy my hunger. That's when I started to gain weight. It became worse when I went to work, where eating much is "a must". Now, before I tried the diet, I weigh 165 lbs. I became too big for my current clothes and I am getting bigger than Zham (my soon to be husband). So that's a wake up alarm for me to start losing weight.

My church friend referred this program to me, so I gave this a shot. Let's see how was it:

Day 1. All fruits except bananas. Your first day will consist of all the fruits you want. It is strongly suggested that you consume lots of melons the first day. Especially watermelon and a loupe. If you limit your fruit consumption to melons, your chances of losing three lbs. on first day are very good.

- I ate rambutan, lanzones, two servings of Dole sliced apples, and a serving of Dole mixed fruits. I drank 12 glasses of water.

Day 2. All vegetables. You are encouraged to eat until you are stuffed with all the raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. There is no limit on the amount or type. For your complex carbohydrate, you will start day two with a large baked potato for breakfast. You may top the potato with one pat of butter.

- I consumed four servings of KFC Asian garden salad and two large KFC mashed potato without gravy. I was not able to prepare my own baked potato that's why. I drank 14 glasses of water.

* I lost two lbs after this day.

Day 3. A mixture of fruits and vegetables of your choice. Any amount, any quantity. No bananas yet. No potatoes today.

- I bought two packs of Dole sliced apples, a cup of Dole mixed fruits, one small pack of del Monte pineapple tidbits (I set aside the syrup and ate only the fruits), one serving of chopsuey, and two servings of KFC asian garden salad. I drank 13 glasses of water.

* I lost another three lbs after this day.

Day 4. Bananas and milk. Today you will eat as many as eight bananas and drink three glasses of milk. This will be combined with the special soup which may be eaten in limited quantities.

- Medyo sumablay ako dito. I was only able to eat six bananas. I drank two glasses of milk and a bottle of soy milk. This is my least favorite day. Nag LBM ako and had stomach cramps. I also ate a portion of HongKong noodle soup. Sablay talaga. I drank 12 glasses of water.

Day 5. Today is feast day. You will eat beef and tomatoes. Eat two 10 oz. portions of lean beef. Hamburger is OK. Combine this with six whole tomatoes. On day five you must increase your water intake by one quart. This is to cleanse your system of the uric acid you will be producing.

- Mas lalong sablay day. I was not able to eat even one piece of tomato. I ate a portion of beef oriental with mushrooms and roast beef. But I ate a bite of barbeque, a bit of sapin sapin, and a small chicken piece. I was realllllyyyyy guilty. I drank 11 glasses of water and a large Serenites green apple tea without sinkers in 25% sugar.

* But I lost a pound.

Day 6. Beef and vegetables. Today you may eat an unlimited amount of beef and vegetables. Eat to your hearts content.

- I ate a serving of beef steak and chopsuey. But..... also a stick of crab egg and squid balls. Sablay again. But I drank 14 glasses of water.

Day 7. Today your food intake will consist of brown rice, fruit juices and all the vegetables you care to consume.

- Parang walang nasunod. Hehe. I ate a serving of pepper and tofu, Fish fillet, steamed veggies and mashed potato. I drank Serenitea Hokkaido drink without sinkers in 25% sugar.

- May GM wonder soup na supplement ang diet na ito, but I did not follow it, because I have no time to prepare for it. I might try this the next time I do this diet again.

Conclusion: I lost six pounds in total on this program despite several cheats haaaayyyy... Ang catch dito is you have to drink lots of water which is not my thing before. This is important kahit pabalik balik ka sa CR to pee. I was thinking if I followed this strictly I should've lost more. Take note that you can repeat the program if you wish, pero mas ok if you'll repeat two weeks or a month after. This is really a low calorie/energy diet so better if you will ask your doctor first before ding this program. Since I found this effective for me, I might do this again, but probably next year, before my wedding. :)

If you were able to try this before, you may want to share your experience by commenting on this post. :)



7 comments:

  1. bumalik ba ulit yung mga nalose mo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes :( because I failed to eat in moderation and maintain my exercise routine :(

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    Really it is a nice blog; I would like to tell you that you have given me much knowledge about it.
    Your post is extremely helpful. I will keep following. Thank you for sharing this information.general motors diet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried this twice or thrice I think. :) It was effective but cheating is a culprit. :)) It's difficult because of the cravings after the 1st and 2nd day. I usually lose around 6-8lbs but I gain it again after the diet. So my advice is to still eat in moderation and exercise after this diet. Though this is good if you want to lose weight right away. :) Kung biglaang naisipan mong magkaron ng beachbod. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Ur blog on GM diet, inspires me! Living in Asia and hvg to eat bland veg and fruits just cldn't do it. So now, I will follow what u had. At least it's Asian food substitute! Tastier and more manageable :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Infolinks In Text Ads