Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Please Like This!

Okay, at past midnight, I was on my last batch of my load of two day's laundry.  While the load was spinning dry, I went to my room to check my Facebook feed.  Several message boxes were popped up on my screen, and I checked them one by one.

One is from my Filipino/Norweigan friend who is now here in the country. One is from a fellow member of our church's photo team.  And there are other two--asking for a favor:  please like this picture.

I clicked on the first one.  What I saw is a group picture of a local JIL church members in Batangas, posted on our church's FB page.  I replied to her and said that I was able to like that picture some time ago.  She said thank you.

Then this.  Next is from a friend, asking me to like a picture through the link he messaged me.  I was a bit sleepy when I clicked the link--and I just had the most freaky mini heart attacked since college!  What I saw is a picture of close up shot of a man in a coffin, with his eyes opened and looking at me!!!! I was so pissed off and in shock.  I cannot understand why people have to do that.  I just don't understand, really.

It took me a while to go downstairs and finish my laundry, but I prayed to God to help me overcome my fear.  I breathed deeply, and went downstairs, and finished what I have to finish.  But before that, I unfriended the person who sent me the link.  Sorry.

From now on I will:

- be cautious on what links I should click and what I shouldn't.
- will ask the person who is asking the favor--"why should I have to 'like' the picture/post?"
- will not like a picture/post right away unless you're my parent, sister, brother, best friend, or my boyfriend.

Now tell me, we should really think before we click, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Infolinks In Text Ads