Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Some Takeaways from the Ipis


Last night, I hurriedly went to the restroom to pee upon entering our house from work.  Dahil ihing ihi na ako, I did not notice a small cockroach crawling on my right foot.  I freaked out and I shook it off my feet.  The cockroach seemed a bit surprised too.  Nangisay ngisay din siya sa sahig, and I immediately crushed it under my feet.  Tinapon ko sa basurahan pagkatapos.  And I almost freaked out again because there was a larger ipis hanging on the bathroom curtain.  I picked up my slippers and attempted to “sandwich the insect” between it.  And I succeeded.  It slipped off my slippers and “accidentally” flushed down the toilet bowl.  I sighed in relief.

But after my restroom moment, I sat on my bed and I just don’t know… I went to think of the two roaches that I “murdered”.  I thought, what is really their purpose of existence?  Do they exist para sigawan? Katakutan?  Pandirihan? Apakan? Paluin ng tsinelas?Patayin? Itapon sa malayo? Hahaha, the last three questions made me remember a line from a hilarious local movie.

Anyway, I was brought to a moment wherein I made a self assessment.  Do I really know my purpose of existence?  I am thankful to the Lord kasi hindi Niya tayo tinulad sa mga ipis, o sa kahit ano pang insekto o hayop.  It seems that these creatures have the same reason of existing here on earth.  Walang kaibahan sa isa’t-isa.  Hindi unique.  But to us who were called by God, He has instilled on us a very special reason for living, totally unique and different from each other.  We were created to live on a mission specifically designed for each and everyone. 

As said in Ephesians 1:11, “In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will…”  Our existence is based on His will, on what He is planning to happen to our lives.  We should not worry because everything, His will and plan for us, shall all come to pass.  All we have to do is to be sensitive enough to know and obey His commands, be more intimate with Him, and live in accordance to what He has designed for us.

Oh well, I’m still scared of cockroaches, especially the flying ones.

6 comments:

  1. ang galing po ng pag analyze nio, buti na lng di tau naging ipis,. yung last 3 q's po galing po yung sa kimi dora if i'm right God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tumpak! haha! the movie that i watched more than ten times and still ended up laughing. haha. God bless Jeff, thanks for visiting my blog! :)

      Delete
  2. hi! just dropping by and now one of your followers...

    natawa naman ako na mabenta tlgng simula ang ipis... hehe! pero ang galing po ng kinalabasan na realization... thanks for sharing! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne! Sorry for the super duper late reply.. Thanks for following! God bless! :)

      Delete
  3. Amen! pampa goodvibes sa work! :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Infolinks In Text Ads