Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A “Very Fine” Dining Experience at Florabel


I kept on mistyping Florabel to “Florable”.

Add caption
It was a rainy night after work. Last Thursday was the last day of the working week, and the traffic jam along Ortigas was undeniably heavy. Chronic I must say.  I thought of asking my older sister Karis and her husband out for dinner while waiting for the heavy traffic to “subside”.  We wanted to spend dinner somewhere that we haven’t dined at yet.  We went to The Podium in ADB Avenue and saw a cozy place---it’s Florabel. 

One of the hardest part on going to restaurants for the first time (and you just heard about it also for the first time), is that you really don’t know what to expect.  So I looked on their menu list, and saw some interesting and seemingly great dishes.

I usually base my orders on the food presentation.  If it looks like it’s delicious, I’ll take it as my order.  I got for myself a serving of Vegetable Barley soup and my favourite Apple Juice. 


Aside from what I had, we really don’t know what to order.  We were thinking to have a combo platter meal, and it was good because Florabel has one—the Inihaw Platter, with a serving of Pork Barbeque, Liempo, Chicken, Pusit, Bangus, Oyster, Eggplant and Atchara, with two special sauces.  Ate and Kuya Romel ordered a cup of rice, each for the two of them.  I had dinner rolls.  What made me happy on this restaurant is the excellent service of the crew.  I just sipped a portion of the water served and they’ll fill my glass up again.  And they also give you another serving of dinner rolls if they saw that you ate yours up.  I just don’t know if they give an unlimited serving of that.  Their furniture and centrepieces are also elegant.
The Inihaw Platter
Their centerpiece

The vegetable barley soup is a good kind for those who are watching closely on their weight, or currently diet-ing.  It tastes good, I mean good enough for a vegetable soup.  The inihaw platter is also a great choice.  I guess it is too much for three persons, even for “big ones” like us. I loved their barbeque sauce (I just don’t know if it is a special soy sauce but I super liked it).  Kuya ordered a cup of coffee and ate for a serving of their desserts. I’ve had enough and more than satisfied with the food.


The place is cozy and quiet, the part which I liked most.  The staff were also warm and accommodating on our requests.  That night, I was happy because I was able to talk and chat with Ate and Kuya, one thing I missed the most.  If I were to ask I wanted to spend more time that night with them, but given our busy schedule on the days ahead, we have to go home.

Ate and I

Kuya Romel, Ate Karis and me


I recommend Florabel for those who want to spend their fine dining and chill out family nights together.  It is a great place for warm moments with your families, friends and loved ones.  Their selections are quite pricey, but it’s all worth it.

Here’s their page and their details: Florabel Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Infolinks In Text Ads