Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Dear Tita Paring, Thank You For The Suman :)

Image taken from http://www.ensogo.com.ph/manila/tita-paring-suman-08022012.html

Lunch on a Sunday is a perfect time for food tripping for a church goer like me, especially if you attend church in Greenhills Shopping Center.  After our morning service in Jesus Is Lord Music Museum (our exact church location), there are too many restaurants to choose from for us to spend lunch, so much choices that sometimes it takes us long to choose where to eat.  Be it at V-Mall, Promenade, or G Strip, you’ll never ran out of options.
I usually spend lunchtime with different people (friendly much?).  Sometimes, I’m with my family, my in laws, my church friends, or just with my husband. 


One time, we asked my parents where are they.  They said, “At Tita Paring”.  I thought, “Sino si Tita Paring?”, not knowing it’s a name of a small spot at Greenhills Shopesville, surrounded with several clothing stores.  Zham and I went to meet them, and we saw them eating suman.  It’s not the usual suman, not the kind that is all wrapped in banana leaves, served together with sugar and coconut.  It’s your most loved kakanin, only triangular shaped, topped with “caramelized” (can’t think of a perfect word for this) latik.

We tried to taste it.  And I loved how it tastes like.  I liked the combination of the soft rice cake (not too soft to get stuck in my gums and ngala ngala hahaha!), and just the right sweetness of the latik syrup.

Priced at Php 45.00 per serving, Tita Paring Suman Latik will surely tickle your taste buds and you’ll definitely go back for more.

I also had the chance to taste their arroz caldo at Php 65.00.  And I can say it’s another good reason to drop a visit at Tita Paring.  They also serve coffee and tamales (I personally did not like the taste, but you can try to see for yourself).

Another good thing about Tita Paring is if you think Greenhills Shoppesville is too far, you can visit their stall at Market Market in Taguig.  During my lunch break today, I spotted their stand there and immediately ordered a piece of their suman latik for merienda. 

Tita Paring Suman Latik gives us another reason why we should support our local kakanin industry.  After your hearty meal, be it breakfast, lunch or dinner, let Tita Paring seal your foodie moment in a sweetie way : )


Visit their branches at Greenhills, Diliman, St. Joseph’s College QC, Market Market, Landmark, and Petron SLEX. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Infolinks In Text Ads