Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Our First Speaking Engagement as a Married Couple: True Love Waits

It’s thrilling to think that Zham and I will be given a chance to speak in front of young people about our inspiring (well, many said that) and God centered love story.

Way before when I was still single, I only used to talk in front of people during photography workshops.  Zham is with me, but we were in a group.  And now, it’s really funny to think that I’ll be a guest speaker with him—as his wife.

It was KKB (Kristiyanong Kabataan Para sa Bayan) – Pasay Chapter’s annual seminar for Love, Courtship, Dating and Marriage with the theme:  True Love Waits:  Maybe Someday, focusing also on “Genuine Love Exposed”.  The event was graced by 200 plus young people from all over Pasay.  Oh, the good old days!  I thank God because I had the opportunity to serve Him during my teenage years.  It was inspiring to see that these young people are doing the same thing.


2 Timothy 2:22 says, “Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.”

Let me share with you guys that slides that we used containing our teaching yesterday.

















The second part was the question and answer portion.  We were asked some queries coming from the audience.  One question that I clearly remembered (though not in exact words) was, “Paano ireject ang isang manliligaw nang hindi siya masasaktan? (How will you turn down a suitor without causing him so much hurt?”  I shared what I did during my high school years (the wrong way to turn down a suitor), and told the audience not to do that, LOL!  But I plainly said, just say it honestly.  He will be in pain all the more if you will just lead him on then at the end, he’ll realize that you don’t like him back. 

Here are some of the shots from the event:










I would like to take this opportunity to thank the people behind True Love Waits—the leadership of KKB Pasay (headed by Glaiza Dimapilis), Pastora Beng Magallanes (thank you for the awesome kwentuhan after the event!), and for the rest of the young people of KKB Pasay, we hope that we were able to inspire you to wait for God’s perfect timing for true love to come your way.  Just think of true love as a triangle, you on one side, “The Right One (TRO)” on the other side, and GOD on the center.  As you and TRO draw closer and closer to God and delight yourselves in Him, He will give the desires of your heart, even on the way that is beyond more kilig and blessed than the mushiest love story that you can ever think of! 

And by the way, let me share to you the token that was given to us.  We appreciate it!  Thanks again KKB Pasay!

Personalized Mugs!  Love! :)

Check out KKB Pasay's Facebook page and the rest of the pictures here :)

2 comments:

ShareThis

Infolinks In Text Ads