Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Karen’s Journey to 140: Post # 1: Photojog with the Husband at SM By the Bay

I used to live my teenage years and 20s between 110 to 120 lbs.  I play basketball, dance, run, and EAT A LOT. 

My eating habits worsened since I started boarding and reviewing for my CPA Licensure Exam.  I don’t play basketball that much, I don’t dance anymore, I also don’t run that often, but I STILL EAT A LOT.  I munch on anything that I like to munch on while studying.  Brain food, you know. 

But that didn’t stop.  I loved to eat more when I started to write food blogs and restaurant reviews.  I did this as my past time and did this to compensate for the stress that I have at work.  I used to go to places each month, which means more food to discover and explore. 

That went on until now.  Last Sunday I did my weigh in.  The digits that I saw from the scale broke my heart… and I cried, literally.  I now weigh 186 lbs.

Enough with the crying.  I have to do something.


*****
My goal is to lose 40 pounds by my birthday (April 2).  I really have to do something.
Every journey to lose weight always has a starting point.  My husband and I vowed to jog every Mondays, Fridays (after my field work) and Saturdays.  We have to eat the right amount for us.  No frequent food tripping muna.  Drink a lot of water and eat fruits and vegetables. 

Yesterday we did our second jogging session together.  The first one was at Island Cove last January 25.  We ran 4 kilometers for almost an hour. 

At the same time, we have our mobile phones ready to snap some pictures while walking/jogging.  Just a few (less than 5 shots :P).  I tagged the shots under #PhotoJog : )
Yesterday, we ran 5.02 kilometers for 55 minutes and 21 seconds and burned 293 calories.  That’s the disadvantage of “photojogging”, you have lesser focus on your running goals. 

Snapshot from my Nike+ App

Sharing to you some of my shots during the jog at SM By The Bay:

Ahhhh.. The Sunset! :)

MOA Eye

After that we ate at Subway.  I ordered a 6-inch Sliced Chicken sandwich in honey oat bun.  I felt full, just right, not bloated.

I also tried drinking Sappe BeautiDrink Collagen—it’s an apple flavored water which claims to have 1,000mg of Collagen for brighter, tighter and healthier skin.  Drink this one to three times a day for 30 days to see and feel the effect.  Hmmmm, I guess I can’t do that.  But to tell you, drinking this made me feel refreshed after that long and tiring run.



Hoping that I could still have the determination to lose weight like what I had before during our wedding preps. : (


Let’s see.  I’ll keep you guys posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Infolinks In Text Ads