Thursday, April 24, 2014

Karen’s Beauty Post # 9: Unboxing the Glamourbox April 2014 - Perfectly Pristine Box!

I got my eyes glued on the clock last April 11.. waiting for its hands to strike 12 noon.  Upon the time I was waiting for, I immediately subscribed to Glamourbox Perfectly Pristine Box.  I was thinking that I would get products that are refreshing, ones that will help me beat the summer heat.

Image taken from Glamourbox FB Page
What made me even happier about this box is that my older sister paid the subby fee for me.  This is her birthday gift for me.  Thank you so much Ate Karis Santiago-Yumang and Kuya Romel Yumang! :D

Yesterday, our office guard handed me a heavy Glamourbox.  Looking at it, it seems like the box is "overloaded" with stuff! I became even more excited and immediately opened the package.


See that? This is indeed an overloaded box! :)

Welcome card (is that how should we call this?) from Glamourbox

Curation Card




So here are the items:




Barenaturals The Mane Event Nourishing Hair Mask in Oat Protein, Macadamia Nut and Argan Brazilian – get ready for an all natural hair mask that truly delivers!  Infused with oat proteins and oils of macadamia nut, argan oil and colza, it helps condition, detangle, fight static and rebuild damaged hair.  Full size 130g, Php 380

What I’ve got:  100g sample size, valued around Php 292.31

My thoughts:  This, I think, is just what I’ve needed.  This morning before receiving the package I took a good look at my frizzy, dry hair.  I can’t wait to try this one.  I hope this will not disappoint.

UPDATE:  Just tried this last weekend.  Not a disappointment!  It somehow tamed my frizzy hair.  And it smelled good too!





Barenaturals Sexy Back Scrub with Sacha Inchi Oil – This back scrub made with lulur exfoliants and antioxidant-rick sacha inchi oil fights and sloughs off bacne and other common skin woes.  It’s all you need for a smooth and sexy back!  Full size 130g, Php 290

What I’ve got:  170g, valued around Php 379.23

My thoughts:  This is weird.  I’ve got a “bigger-than-full-size” sample?  Let me check this with Glamourbox.  :p  I think my husband will love this one. I’ll let him try this one.




Sebamed Olive Face and Body Wash – Has harsh skin soaps made your skin dry and irritated?  Protect the skin and bring back its lost lipids with this extra mild, soap free cleanser with ph 5.5.  It’s great for sensitive skin!  Full size 200mL, Php 525

What I’ve got:  20mL sample size, valued around Php 52.50

My thoughts:  Hmmmmm….  I’m afraid to try other face and body products because I’m settled with Cetaphil for my face and Ivory body wash for my body.  At first I thought this is a bar soap, but it's not. The scent is somewhat mild, but I think I'll still choose Cetaphil over this.  But I'll try this nevertheless.  Let's see! :)





Belo Intensive Whitening Bar – Get fairer, rosier skin quick!  Belo expertly combines tranexamic acid with kojic acid for this soap that has 64% more lightening power than a product with kojic acid alone.  Full size 65g, Php 59.75

What I’ve got:  Full size

My thoughts:  I’ve got a sample size of this one last time at the MRT Ortigas Station (Belo promo ladies giving away free samples of this and of Belo whitening roll on deodorant).  Since I already have fair skin, I think I won’t be needing this.  I’m thinking of giving this away.



Avon Skin So Soft Gel Lotion on my hand

Avon Skin So Soft Fast Hydration Body Gel Lotion – Instantly hydrate and revitalize your skin with the refreshing sensation of this fast absorbing gel lotion!  Enhanced with watermint oil and Vitamin E, it leaves skin touchably soft all day.  Full size 250mL, Php 330

What I’ve got:  Full size

My thoughts:  Yes!  Another addition to my lotion collection (so full of –ion words there!) :D But a gel based lotion is sort of new to me.  I tried some on my hands and there is a cooling effect, and it was easily absorbed by my skin.  The scent made me thought of as if I just finished taking a shower.  Fresh and clean.





Vanilla & Co.  Blushing Foot Spray with Eucalytpus Oil – Relieve tired feet and sore muscles.  Eucalyptus, peppermint oil and tea tree oil from this foot spray will instantly relax, cool and remove odor from your pinkies, leaving them clean and healthy.  Full size 150mL, Php 170

What I’ve got:  50mL sample size, valued around Php 56.67

My thoughts:  This came right on time!  Our Zen Zest Foot Spray is about to run out.  We’ll soon use this!

UPDATE:  Very effective!  I tried spraying it on my feet, let it dry, before wearing my flats.  No sweat!  




Venus & Mars Naturals Smooch Lip Detox SPF15 – Break free from chemicals!  This lip butter is made only of the finest natural oils to make your puckers smooch-worthy!  Charged with SPF15, it protects lips from sun damage.  Full size 10g, Php 205

What I’ve got:  5g sample tub, valued around Php 102.50

My thoughts:  This is right on time for summer!  I’ll also try this along with my daily lipstick or I can definitely wear this alone :)



Zen Zest Anti-Mosquito Room Fragrance – Feel instantly invigorated with this wondrous combination of citronella, lemongrass and eucalyptus.  Its citrusy scent keeps mosquitoes out too!  Full size 250mL, Php 250

What I’ve got:  50mL sample size, valued around Php 50

My thoughts:  I already have this one from Sample Room.  The scent for me is too strong, but it’s effective in getting rid of mosquitoes.  Just a couple of spritz of this is enough for our bedroom.  This is a good catch for me. :) Since I already have one, I gave this to my sister.

ADD ONS:





CLEAN Fragrance Shower Fresh – Inspired by the uplifting, nostalgic scent of soap, this juicy fragrance exudes a “just stepped out of the shower” freshness.  Full size 30mL, Php 2,000

What I’ve got:  0.88mL sample size, valued around Php 58.67

My thoughts:  True to its word – it has fresh and clean scent, just right for everyday use.  This will go to my travel kit and will use this on one of my travels :)



Aloe Derma Pure Aloe Vera Gel – Tote this on your next adventure!  With 99% organic aloe extracts, this multipurpose gel gives soothing relief to sunburn, minor cuts and wounds, insect bites and even acne.  Full size 114g, Php 460

What I’ve got:  Three 5g sample sachets, valued around Php 60.53

My thoughts:  This one is interesting.  I wouldn’t want to have sunburn, minor cuts and wounds and insect bites just to have a chance to try this.  But just in case, this will go to my vanity kit to have this on hand when the need arises.



Valda Pastilles – for instant cooling relief and fresh breath, just pop one of these chewable pastilles on your mouth!  Full size 50g, Php 150

What I’ve got:  20g sample size, valued at around Php 60

My thoughts:  Yay! My childhood (post elem-early highschool) favorite. LOL.  I can pop this all up at my mouth on one sitting.  Hahaha.  I just had a couple of this just now. Minty-ly delicious! :p




Exclusive Glamourbox Freebie Voucher from CLEAN Fragrance Receive a Free 30mL Shower Fresh Bottle upon purchase of a 60mL Bottle from one of our new lines.  Valid from April 15-May31, 2014.



Total estimated box value:  Around Php 1,502.16.  Not bad, though I wished there were more full sized items.  In this box, we only have two, and the rest are deluxe sample sizes.

Were you able to subscribe to this box?  How was it?  Share your thoughts through the Comments Section!

Visit Glamourbox at www.glamourbox.ph and check their Facebook page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Infolinks In Text Ads