Monday, April 14, 2014

Karen's Beauty Post # 8: Sample Room VIP Experience - Part 3

This post has been long overdue.  Supposedly I should've posted this last week but I was busy doing things (church, shoots, post processing pictures, and a TON of backlogs!).  Ok, so much for my explanation :) let me share to you my 4th and 5th wave of my Sample Room VIP Membership experience.

My first three batches of samples were more than enough reasons to look for more goodies at Sample Room for sampling.  

1st: http://mymindinrandom.blogspot.com/2014/03/karens-beauty-post-6-all-firsts-sample.html
2nd and 3rd: http://mymindinrandom.blogspot.com/2014/04/karens-beauty-post-7-sample-room-vip.html


For my fourth batch,  I grabbed the Belo SunExpert set.I'll put in details how I was able to score these products from Sample Room.


L-R:  Belo SunExpert Face Cover, Transparent Mist, Body Shield


Belo SunExpert Body Shield SPF60
UVA Protection: PA+++
Key Benefits:
  • Provides broad-spectrum protection against UV rays
  • With Cell Protect® Technology that strengthens the skin’s defense system, maintaining healthy skin while 
preventing accelerated premature skin aging
  • Anti-aging
  • Non-sticky
  • Lightweight
  • Water resistant
  • Fragrance-free
  • Paraben-free
  • Immediate effectivity (no waiting time)
  • Hypoallergenic and dermatologist tested
Full Size 100mL Php 459.75

What I've got:  Full size (125 points)


Belo SunExpert Face Cover SPF40
UVA Protection: PA+++
Key Benefits:
  • Provides broad-spectrum protection against UV rays
  • With Cell Protect® Technology that strengthens the skin’s defense system, maintaining healthy skin while 
preventing accelerated premature skin aging
  • Non-sticky
  • Lightweight
  • Water resistant
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free
  • Paraben-free
  • Immediate effectivity (no waiting time)
  • Hypoallergenic and dermatologist tested
Full size 50mL Php 329.75

What I've got:  Full size (90 points)


Belo SunExpert Transparent Mist SPF50
Key Benefits:
  • Provides broad-spectrum protection against UV rays
  • With Cell Protect® Technology that strengthens the skin’s defense system, maintaining healthy skin while 
preventing accelerated premature skin aging
  • Anti-aging
  • Sprays at any angle
  • Quick absorbing with even coverage
  • Non-sticky
  • Water resistant
  • Immediate effectivity (no waiting time)
  • Mild cooling effect
  • Paraben-free
  • Hypoallergenic and dermatologist tested
Full size 100mL Php 449.75

What I've got:  Full size (110 points)

My thoughts:  I thought before (that time when I'm not that beauty and health conscious yet) that putting on sunscreen is only to be done when you hit the beach.  I was wrong.  As soon as you stepped out of your house, your skin (including your face) should be sun protected.  Since we have to do this daily, we have to use sun protection products that are fit for everyday use.  What do I mean by that?  I'm referring to products that are:  gentle on skin, won't cause breakouts and skin irritations, light on skin, has a non sticky feel on skin, and quick absorbing.

Fortunately, Belo SunExpert products left a check mark on these.  My favorite product is the Transparent Mist because for me it's an unconventional sunscreen product.  Just a few spritz and you're good to go! :) At first you'll notice a thin oil like film on your skin upon spraying, but it will disappear after a few minutes, so you don't have to worry.  The mist is already part of my bag must haves.  As for the face cover and body shield, I'm planning to use it when I hit the beach =)

Side note** I'm going to bring my Belo SunExpert products with me at Puerto Galera.  Way back 2008, I went there to enjoy summer with my friends.  Because I don't care that much about my skin, I did not put any sunblock on.  Beach hopping, swimming... I did not waste time. I stayed under the sun all day.  And the result?  Reddish, blistered, painful sunburn on my back and face.  I can't even change my clothes because it's extremely painful when the fabric touched my skin.  It took several months before the discoloration caused by the sunburn completely disappeared.  Now that I already have my "skin tagteam" this summer, I wanted to go back there and "make my revengeful comeback".  Puerto Galera's sun, try me!  I have Belo SunExpert on my skin!

Here's the value of what I've got for the 4th batch:



Now, for my fifth wave of Sample Room products:



Céleteque DermoScience Advanced Anti-Aging Anti-Wrinkle Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15
CÉLETEQUE DermoScience™ Advanced Anti-Aging Anti-Wrinkle Facial Moisturizer has Dual Peptide Complex that penetrates deep into the skin and helps stimulate formation of collagen. It has effective moisturizers that help maintain skin’s elasticity for soft and supple skin.

Full size 235mL Php 649

What I've got:  Full size (100 points)

My thoughts:  I tried this the morning after I received this from Sample Room.  Since my H20 sample was already consumed, this really came on time.  At first I had a hard time dispensing the product.  I pumped several times but no product came out.  I opened it and closed back the pumper again, then it already pumped smoothly.  A pea sized amount of the moisturizer is enough for my whole face.  It was quickly absorbed by the skin, and the moisturizing effect lasted all day.  As for the anti aging effect,  I have yet to observe further :)

I have to force this amount of product out of the bottle as I've thought the pumper is defective...

Nivea Sun Protect and Bronze Spray SPF 20


This came out after a few spritz from the bottle
NIVEA SUN Protect & Bronze spray combines reliable protection and a natural looking tan.
Immediate sun protection that gives you a natural, even tan. Protection or tan? Have both!
- Immediate UVA / UVB protection system prevents sunburn and premature skin aging
- Contains natural plant extract that stimulates skin’s own melanin production
- Supports skin’s natural tanning ability
- Contains no self-tan
- Non-sticky and water resistant
- Skin compatibility dermatologically proven

Full size 200mL Php 599
What I've got:  Full size (130 points)
My thoughts:  I have to try this one yet when I hit the beach (together with my Belo SunExpert Face Cover and Body Shield).

SkinWhite Power Whitening Body Wash

Sorry for the messy bedsheets. LOL
From the makers of SkinWhite PowerWhitening lotion that gave you the Power of Instant White, SkinWhite introduces our newest PowerWhitening Body Wash. It whitens your skin while providing effective cleansing and moisturization in as fast as 7 days! It also has Vitamins B3 and E that nourish your skin, leaving it soft and smooth each time you step out of the shower.
Full size 235mL Php 99
What I've got:  Full size (30 points)
My thoughts:  I love the smell and the feel of the product.  I tried this for a day.  The scent is very feminine.  Not suitable for my "sometimes misunderstood" personality. Hahaha!!!  The moisturizing factor is OK.  But I'm not that sold out on it being a Whitening Body Wash because I already have a fair complexion. :p 




Let's take a look at the recap of what I've got since day one as a Sample Room VIP Member:


How's your Sample Room experience so far?  Share your thoughts through posting at the Comments section!

Check our Sample Room's website here and their Facebook page here :)

6 comments:

  1. wow because if this i might consider to become a VIP member na at sample room :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sulit siya sis! =) try mo lang.. You'll get too much na out of 1000 points for two months! :) mas sulit if matataon na magaganda ang products available pag nag VIP ka ;)

      Delete
    2. yep! correct sis. i-consider ung products muna kasi before ako mag avail ng vip hehe.. nakaka tempt lang ung excel presentation mo kasi.. big savings talaga. by next month sana maganda ung products :D

      Delete
    3. Hi Momi Lory! How are you? And the Belo Products? hehe! :P oo nga, so far ngayon nag restock lang sila ng latest samples nila. My VIP membership will expire by 2nd week of May, hoping for a final wave of samples sana! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow that's a very nice way of tracking your expenses in sample room... :D nkakainspire.. XD

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Infolinks In Text Ads