Thursday, January 30, 2014

Random Thoughts: Love God. Love Others.

Image from http://time4thinkers.com/11-love-your-neighbor-as-yourself/
Intro:  My random thoughts that you are reading right now are written as I type.  Meaning these are really in my thoughts and in my heart as of this writing.

*****

The past months were, I could say, tough.  Andaming nangyari.  I actually dreamt about it happening few years back but I ignored it.  Now, it’s happening.  Personal attacks are made against each other.  Bashing and fault finding on doctrines that were even embraced for decades.  Broken relationships because of differences in beliefs.  I don’t know.  I admit I’m not a theologian, or an expert in God’s word, but I’m striving to become a kind of Christian that God can be proud of.

I’ve made mistakes.  I knew I’ve hurt people because I talk too much.  Maybe I broke their trust on me.  God is still working on me.  I wanted the best that I can be.  I wanted to avoid doing my weaknesses.  I’m trying to be like Christ.  I’m laying down to Him my flaws and shortcomings.  I wanted God to transform me into a better person, exceedingly glorifying Him in my every thoughts, words, and deeds.


Of all of what is happening today,  I decided to study more of God’s word. I wanted to seek Him more.  I wanted to be with Him.  Just HIM and ME.  Walang grupo grupo.  I wanted God to influence my whole being.  I wanted Him to take over my life.  Everything that I will do, I desire Him to be glorified.  Hindi ako magpapaimpluwensya sa kahit na sino, o sa kahit no pang nakikita ko.  I will not look on people.  I will focus my sight on God.

People told me (and my friends) na kaya kami hindi umalis kasi gusto namin ng posisyon.  This hurt me for a while, but I chose to shrug it off.  They told us na sa church lang kami loyal, not kay God.  All I could say is this:  How could they judge our loyalty while they don’t have the capacity to look through what’s in our hearts?  Only God can do that.  They hurled insulting words at us—uto uto, panatiko, kulto.  Ang totoo?  This enraged me.  Gusto kong pumatol.  But my husband told me not to.  He reminded me on what we should do—to lay our hurts and our emotions to God’s hands. 

We don’t need to be comforted by people (though it helps).  But our security in the Lord through our love, service and loyalty to Him, it’s enough.  My church was used by God to become a better Christian.  Yes, walang perfect na church.  But what makes it imperfect?  Its people and its sinful nature.  Only by the grace of God we are used mightily by Him.
Sa mga nangyayari ngayon, all I could say is, hold on to God.  Listen only to Him.  Seek His will through His word all the more.  And strive to become an effective part of His body.

Maganda yung conclusion ni Ptra. Precie sa midweek last night.  It says, we should watch and pray, not watch and criticize.  It’s more important to win souls than to win an argument.  Very true.  Every second, may namamatay.  It’s up to us kung masasayang ang bawat kaluluwa ng mga namamatay na ito.  Let’s set aside our non essential beliefs and focus on God has purposed us to do:  To win souls for Him, to share His word and His gift of love.

Maybe may mga mag aagree sa mga thoughts kong ito, and probably may kokontra din.  But what I wanted to say to you is that, at the time such as this, LOVE GOD ALL THE MORE.  LOVE OTHERS, EVEN THOSE WHO ARE UNLOVABLE.  Let us all unite to promote God’s Gospel. 

Let me share to you these verses:

Ephesians 6:18

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

Mark 12:30-31

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” 

Let us assess and ask ourselves:  After all of what we said, did and thought of; and when we face God, what do you think will He say to you?  



4 comments:

  1. At the end of the day, we live to please God, not to please man. Whatever you're going through, I pray na it ends well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Venus! Let's be united as part of the Body of Christ. Thank you kasi you understand what I am talking about. :) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this has blessed me so much! Thank you for posting this! God bless you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glory to God! Blessings to you sis! Spread His love :) <3

      Delete

ShareThis

Infolinks In Text Ads