Thursday, January 23, 2014

6 Things I Missed About Friendster

Now that we are already in the Facebook age, isn’t it nice to reminisce all those things that we usually do during the Friendster era?

Along with Myspace, High 5, and Multiply; Friendster was the most widely used social networking portal way back early 2000s (I was in college then). 

Missing this?
I wanted to look back to those things that I definitely missed doing with Friendster.  Here’s my list.


1.  Pa-testi naman!  Asking for testimonials is one of my usual Friendster routines.  I post something about my friend—on how we first met, what can I say about him/her, and my touching parting words to end my testimonial… Then I’ll say, “Pengeng testi ha?” at the end of my post.  Talk about expecting something in return huh? :P

2.  Bulletin board.  Well for me this shouldn’t be called such, instead should be called as “survey board”.  If I got nothing to do and Friendster-ing, this is a good time killer.  I searched on a sample survey that I usually saw at the bulletin board back then.  Check this out. : ) 

60 random questions you must answer
HONESTLY... (Me: ok…)

If you're not going to be honest, don't
take this survey. (Me: Oooohhh… okay…)

1. Who is the last person you held
hands
with?
() Zham

2. If you were drafted into a war, would you survive?
() I hope so

3. Do you sleep with the TV on?
() Sira ang TV namin

4. Have you ever drank milk straight out of the carton
() Yes

5. Have you ever won a spelling bee?
() Yes

6. What is your longest fight with one of your friends?
() I cant remember

7. Are you a fast typer?
() Yes

8. Are you afraid of the dark?
() It depends (my usual answer when I feel like I don’t want to answer it)

10. Who can you always turn to?
() God (classic answer)

11. When's the last time you chose a bath over a shower?
() Pareho lang yun diba? Lol

12. Do you knock on wood?
() Noon..

13. Are you drinking anything right now?
() Water

14. Do you think you're attractive?
() Yes? LOL

17. What do you want for Christmas?
() world and church peace (I want it right now)

18. Do you know the muffin man?
() Who in the world is that?

19. Do you talk in your sleep?
() Sabi ni Zham

21. Have you ever flown a kite?
() Yes

22. When was the last time that you went swimming and where?
() last weekend at Bora

23. Do you consider yourself successful?
() Yes

24. How many people are on your contact list of your cell phone?
() 500+

25. Have you ever asked for a horse?
() no?

26. Plans for tomorrow?
() Field work and photo walk

27. What's your middle name? and why?
() Santiago. I’m now married

28. Missing someone right now?
() Yes

29. When's the last time you told someone you loved them?
() This morning

31. How are you feeling today?
() Good

33. Have you ever been suspended or expelled from school?
() No

34. What are you looking forward to?
() Sunday

35. Have you ever crawled through a window?
() Yes when I was small. LOL

37. Have you ever eaten dog food?
() No

38. Can you handle the truth
() Of course!

39. Do you like green eggs and ham?
() ???

40. What 3 things you always bring with
you to places?
() bag, phone, wallet

41. Any cool scars?
() none

42. Do you like or have a crush on anyone?
() bawal nay an. LOL

43. Who was the last person you kissed?
() Zham

45. How often do you talk on the phone?
() it depends

46. Do you talk to yourself?
() yes

47. Is there something you want that you can't have?
() cant think of any

48. Three things about the preferred sex that you first notice?
() nails, hair, teeth

49. Who are u thinking of right now?
() Zham

50. Who did you last hug?
() Zham

52. Where is your phone?
() table

53. What was the last thing you ate?
() pancit palabok

54. Favorite Color/s?
() Lavender

55. Last movie you watched?
() Captain America

56. What song are you currently listening to?
() Help me find it – Sidewalk Prophets

57. What do you want?
() matapos na tong survey na to hahaha!

59. What t.v. show are you watching?
() none

60. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
() Auie

*** I can’t believe I just answered this. -_-

Moving on...

3.  Who’s viewed my profile?  Now this is the ultimate thing that I missed in Friendster.  Facebook doesn’t have this feature.  That kilig moment whenever I check those who viewed my profile and I saw my crush visiting my profile. Hehehe.  But I cant visit his profile back because I don’t want him to think that I’m stalking him. LOL.

4.  Picture albums.  That moment when you have to choose one picture over another for upload because you can only upload 5 photos on your profile. Hahaha. But Friendster improved over time.

5.  Featured Friends!  There is a special spot in your profile dedicated to your Friendster friends that are closest to you (or profiles that you just wanted to be featured in your page).  I remember the moment when I asked my close friend, “bakit hindi ako kasama sa featured friends mo?  Best friends tayo diba?” SMH.

6.  The Shoutout.  This is the counterpart for Facebook’s “What’s on your mind” post.  Any one or two liner that you want to say to your Friendster friends, you put it here.

What else do you miss about Friendster? Share it in our Comments section. : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Infolinks In Text Ads