Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Karen's Beauty Post # 1: Unboxing my Glamourbox Secret Santa Box (December 2013 Box)

I used to post blogs on food, travel, and anything random but BEAUTY and MAKE UP—until now.

I started to become interested in buying beauty boxes while reading some posts from the Female Network’s Girl Talk Forum.  I saw Glamourbox and became curious on what it has to offer to its subscribers.  I was able to get their Beauty SOS Beauty Box, but I wasn’t able to write a review yet.  I’ll let you know guys soon if my post is already up.

UPDATE: The post is already up! See this link

Meanwhile, let me share to you the second box that I got from Glamour Box—The Secret Santa Beauty Box.  I was happy because I was able to subscribe before the boxes run out of stock.  After a few days, it finally arrived. 


As usual, the box is sturdy yet elegant.  



The box of the Glamourbox :)

I opened the box and saw this:


I got excited to see what’s inside:



Looks good.  Here are the items:

1.  Holika Holika Face 2 Change CC Cream in Pink Beige – Clear, lustrous skin has never been easier with this CC Cream! Packed with hyaluronic acid and argan oil, it brightens and improves the texture of your skin while giving a no-makeup look.  Full size 50mL/Php 855
What I’ve got:  Sample Size – 5mL (Php 85.50)


Holika Holika Face 2 Change CC Cream in Pink Beige
-      I literally smiled upon seeing this.  I was longing to have CC creams as part of my daily make up, but I don’t know what brand to use.  So this is a good chance to try this.  It felt light at first, but as time passes during the day, my face became oily and I was not comfortable with that.  Maybe I should stick to my Maybelline BB Cream.  I gave this to my friend, Cindy, who loves makeup goodies like me.

2   2.  Holika Holika Pure Mellow Multi Puff – Inspired by multi-colored marshmallows, this multi-puff delicately covers all the curves of your face for n even and flawless application.  Use it for all your cream type beauty products! Full Size 25g/Php 265

What I’ve got:  Full Size


Holika Holika Pure Mellow Multi Puff

Holika Holika Pure Mellow Multi Puff - Packaging
-          Well, I found this cute.  I was expecting that this is something scented because of what it looked like.  :D I gave this to my sister.

3   3.       Avon Fragrance in Only Imagine – Delight in an extraordinary moment of sparkling green apple touched with the surprise of violet blossom and soft musk in this uplifting and joyous fragrance. Full Size 50mL/Php 1,500

What I’ve got:  Full Size


Avon Only Imagine
-          I fell in love with this item.  I thought before that Avon fragrances smell “corny”, but Only Imagine proved me wrong.  The packaging is so feminine, one that surely girls will love to have.  I love the smell, and it lasted until afternoon.

4   4.       The Cream Factory Bath Cream in Goat’s Milk and Witch Hazel – Treat yourself to an ultra-delish dessert for your skin!  This bath cream has goat’s milk from the Netherlands and active botanical extracts to keep your skin velvety smooth and fresh all day.  Full size 768mL/Php 699

What I’ve got: Full Size


The Cream Factory Bath Cream - Goat's Milk and Witch Hazel
-          I love bath creams and shower gels.  Though I found the ingredients weird (sorry I think I need to read more beauty articles and stuff), I found the smell as really good.  But for the spirit of giving, I gave this to my mother-in-law.

5    5.       Zen Zest Kitchen Fragrance in Choco Cappuccino – Does your kitchen smell like it’s busy round-the-clock?  Take away all evidence of frying or grilling and strip the air of overpowering food scents with this sweet coffee kitchen fragrance!  Full size 250mL/Php 250

What I’ve got:  Sample Size – 50mL (Php 50)


Zen Zest Kitchen Fragrance - Choco Cappuccino
-          This one made me curious, since I’ve been using the conventional air sprays to eliminate kitchen odor.  One spray is already enough, and I love the smell too, so yummy.  But instead of using this on our kitchen, we are using this in our bedroom. : )

6    6.       Bonus Item:  Paula’s Choice Skin Care Samples – With Paula’s Choice, healthy, youthful, radiant skin is a result you can always count on!  Each product is a culmination of decades or research to treat all your skin woes.

           What I’ve got:  Exfoliant and Ultimate Anti Aging Hand Cream in sample sachets


Paula's Choice Skin Care Samples and Strip It! 10% Discount Card
-          I haven’t tried this yet.  I’m planning to use this on one of my trips.

7   7.       Bonus Item:  Fabulosa Necklace – Add extra oomph to your outfit with Fabulosa!  Inspired by the hottest designers and latest trends, their statement jewelry creates looks that will always be runway-ready.


Fabulosa Necklace
-          A very nice piece of jewelry that can be worn during special occasions specially during Christmas and New Year (or even during your birthday).  Since my mom loves necklaces, I gave this piece to her.

8   8.       Bonus Item:  Strip It! 10% Discount Card
-           I haven’t used this as of this writing.  Hehe :D

The Cost:  Php 595 subscription fee
Total value of the box:  To add it up, it’s around Php 2,600!  Great value for a P595 beauty box. 
The Verdict:  I think I’ll subscribe to their next available box! (A while ago I tried subscribing to their Snoe Beauty Box but it’s already out of stock *sobs*)

Go check Glamourbox at www.Glamourbox.ph or at www.facebook.com/GlamourboxPH :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! I would have to agree that THE CREAM FACTORY is a great Christmas present. What does your mother-in-law think about it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne! Actually I tried a few drops on my skin before giving it away just to have a feel of the product. I love its soft feel and fresh smell, planning to have one in the future :D

      Delete
  2. Hello Karen ��love the super detailed review, I'll get the next available box too... �� mwah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sige ate Thea :D let me know pag nakuha mo na yung iyo :D

      Delete

ShareThis

Infolinks In Text Ads