Thursday, January 9, 2014

Jamba Juice Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits: My New Dinner Habit

I love Jamba Juice for the following reasons:  First, because of the store’s warm and cozy ambiance; second, its staff’s cheerful attitude towards its customers; and third, because I am truly sold out to its Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits (I’ll call this FYPs).

As far as I can remember, a couple of times I visited Jamba to have a serving of its famous fruit juices and smoothies.  But the rest of my visits—because of the FYPs.  I am a sucker for granolas and bananas, two of FYP’s main ingredients.  All throughout, I always buy the Berry Topper parfait, but just recently I had the chance to taste the other two flavors. 
Jamba Juice Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits come in three flavors—Berry Topper, Mango Peach Topper, and Chunky Strawberry Topper, sells at Php 150 each serving.  This is what I think on each flavor:


Berry Topper Fruit and Yogurt Parfait

Berry Topper - "Ladies and gentlemen, step right up as we blend strawberries and blueberries with non-fat yogurt. Delicious, I know, but wait, there’s more! Stare in wonder as we add pumpkin-flax granola, and fresh bananas. Welcome, friends, to the future!"

I have been an “avid supporter” of this flavor, because ever since I fell in love with FYPs, this has been my constant order.  Believe it or not, I’ve got a taste of the blueberry fruit through this.   The taste of the fruits went well with the tummy filling granola and banana slices.   Moreover, eating this in the evening gave me more energy to do some more work at home (editing pictures, doing a batch of our laundry, etc.).  So if you want a filling treat and more energy to do some more important things in the evening, this can be a great help.

Mango Peach Topper Fruit and Yogurt Parfait

Mango Peach Topper - "Scientists take note: blend mangos and peaches with yogurt, top it with granola, and bananas and you have just created fruit fusion. Enjoy, and let the tiny yogurt sun in your hands serve as a beacon to all those lost in the nutritional wilderness."

Though I love mangoes, this is my least favorite among the three.  I had a taste of this two nights ago (a couple of spoonfuls).  Maybe because peaches are not my type. 

Chunky Strawberry Topper Fruit and Yogurt Parfait

Chunky Strawberry Topper - It’s strawberries and bananas, together again for the very first time. Blended with peanut butter into delicious yogurt and topped with organic granola and bananas, you’ll see this famous couple like never before. Coming soon to a spoon near you.
This is my new favorite!  But I have to step back somehow, you’ll know the reason as you read on.  Peanut butter mixed in yogurt and strawberries is just almost perfect (because nobody/nothing is perfect, lol).  Energy wise, this has the same effect on me as with the Berry Topper.  I hope Jamba Juice can come up with a bigger size for this!

Now, calories. Yes, FYPs taste really good, but how about their nutritional value?  I searched on Jamba Juice’s official website to check on the calorie count for this.  Here’s what I found out:

Berry Topper Nutrition Facts

Mango Peach Topper Nutrition Facts

Chunky Strawberry Nutrition Facts

Upon seeing the calorie count for Chunky Strawberry Topper, my mind screamed, “Noooooooo….!” *insert sad face here*… Maybe it’s because of the peanut butter, hehe :D. So maybe asking for a bigger serving size for this is not a good idea after all.
So there, these are in my thoughts about Jamba Juice Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits.  If you are tired of taking the “Kanin-Ulam-Dessert”-type of dinner, and still wanted to be full and satisfied, this you can try.  And hey, you can eat this anytime of the day!


*** Nutritional Facts, Descriptions and Photos lifted from Jamba Juice's official website

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Infolinks In Text Ads