Monday, June 2, 2014

Karen's Beauty Post # 12: Saladbox May 2014 Runway Ready Box: The End (I Guess)

Hi! It’s been a busy week for me.  Series of meetings, two days of ocular inspection for our upcoming shoot, tons of photos to edit—I think I need a break.  But the question is: WHEN? :P

Anyway, I almost forgot that I my last Saladbox is for delivery anytime last month.  After the Skin Food Box and Regatta Box, I was in high hopes that the May box will be as good, if not better, than these two boxes.  As I’ve commented on my Regatta Box post, this box will determine if I’ll continue my Saladbox subscription or not. 

I got the May box last week and I crossed my fingers before opening the box—hoping I’ll not be disappointed.  And guess what?  I was!!!



Sorry to spoil your expectations as you read this blog post, but let me tell you why. :’(
The theme for the May box was “Runway Ready”, as said on its curation card:


So upon seeing this, I got a bit excited because I was expecting some bonggang stuff.  But upon seeing the products included (but before opening the box itself), that big spark of hope went down to a flicker.


And upon seeing the contents of the box, that flicker died instantly.


Aaaaanyyywaaayyy, here are the contents:



TRESemme Smooth and Shine Shampoo – This shampoo effectively calms away frizz and tames flywaways—runway ready hair!  Full size 600mL, Php 365

What I’ve got:  90mL sample size, valued around Php 54.75

My thoughts:  Okkkaaaayyy, this is a new product for me huh! *sarcastic tone* I tried this product last year and I stopped using this because it’s not hiyang for me. 
TRESemme Smooth and Shine Conditioner – With Vitamin H and silk proteins, this formula smooths flyaways for soft and silky hair.  Full size 600mL, Php 365

What I’ve got:  90mL sample size, valued aroung Php 54.75

My thoughts:  Another new product! Yay!!! :’( I tried using this way before with the shampoo and my hair just said no.



Dentiste Plus White Nighttime Herbapeutic Toothpaste – Perfect for those aftershow parties (or daily conversations), guaranteed fresh breath!  Full size Php 289

What I’ve got:  Sample tube, value can’t be determined

My thoughts:  Hayyyy… I’m tired of being sarcastic…. I saw this one from BDJ NOVEMBER 2012 BOX. Yes, 2012.  And I had this one too way before—bought it from the store.  I don't know, maybe this is an improved version of the product that's why it was included in the box.


Yuka Acetone Free Nail Polish Remover Wipes in Grapes – Get rid of unsightly cracked nail polish with these polish wipes—they’re acetone free!  Full size Php 65

What I’ve got:  I believe I got a full sized one.

My thoughts:  I think this is the only one that I liked from this box.  But this was also included in BDJ’s November 2012 box.  Maybe this is a new variant from Yuka (?)


Stationerly Just Because Cards – Brighten someone’s day by sending them these cuties from our newest favorite e-shop! Php 315

What I’ve got:  Three cards.  Value indeterminable.

My thoughts:  I can’t relate this to the month’s theme.  Seriously!?

AND THAT’S ALL.

For the Php 333 subscription, total estimated value of the contents amounted to Php 174.50 (excluding the toothpaste and the cards). What a sad box. 

This is a big letdown.  Sobra.  And I saw this subscription renewal card:

Keeps getting better?
And I said, “thanks but no thanks. I’m not renewing my subscription anymore.”  Nuff said.

**What broke my heart even more is that I saw other unboxing posts for this box and they got a Regatta Body Spray worth Php 245.  So sad talaga. :’(

So, what can you say about Saladbox’s Runway Ready box?  Share them here! :P


Check out their website and their FB page

6 comments:

  1. Awww. This is a big let down if you compare this to they're 2 previous boxes talaga. I keep repeating that because I was starting to have hopes for Saladbox. I guess I was lucky enough to get the Regatta Body Spray but still, this box isn't interesting at all. Oh well. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Miss Dawn.... I guess I should say goodbye to Saladbox na. They broke my heart last weekend and I cant still move on until now. :'( </3

      Delete
  2. The products inside are really disappointing. Parang tinipid. I think it's the third post I've read that a subscriber wasn't happy with this box.

    Style and Glow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elle! That's right. And I am certain that there are more who were disappointed as well. I sent Saladbox the link to this post and they haven't replied. :P

      Delete
  3. My first subscription to SaladBox is definitely the last. I subscribed for a 3-month starter plan. What’s worse is that they sent me three boxes in one delivery. As stated in their website, it is a monthly subscription box. When I checked the contents, halos magalit ako because they sent me the March, April & May boxes but I received these boxes this month of July. Magiging happy ba ako nun? Anyways, never again to SaladBox.
    My First & Definitely the Last Saladbox Experience

    momVSbaby journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carmela. Oh well. Same here. Honestly after this box, nawalan na ko ng ganang mag blog about unboxing stuff. haha. But I think I'll be back to blogging anytime soon :)

      Delete

ShareThis

Infolinks In Text Ads