Saturday, September 25, 2010

Vol. 2, Post # 2: Warning to my girl friends. Beware. (Halaw sa Tunay na Pangyayari)

Posted on July 21, 2010.
***

I believe this will serve as a reminder for my fellow women friends.

My current schedule at work is at 9pm to 6am. Whenever I work night shift, and I don't want to work for early overtime, I used to leave the house at 8pm. I also take 3 rides to work: Tricycle to Pasig Market, Jeep to Bagong Ilog, and FX to Ayala. Though it's 3 rides, there's no hassle on my part because there's no traffic jam during this time at night.

Last night, I took the tricycle ride to Palengke. Check. Next, sumakay na ako sa nakaabang na jeep sa kanto. I sat at my favorite place - sa bukana. Para madaling bumaba at para di ako ang mag abot ng bayad sa driver. Pero I had this sudden feeling of selflessness, I asked the woman sitting in front of me kung magbabayad na siya... Pwede niyang iabot sa akin at ako na ang mag aabot sa driver. I felt good.

I'm an observer whenever I'm travelling anywhere. My sight caught this man, looking at me. Malagkit ang tingin. I felt weird.

I looked the other way, towards the driver. Since walang laman masyado ang jeep, I sat sideways, like sitting on a couch, pero not that "feel-at-home" way. Sakto lang. Then I was surprised the man that's looking weirdly at me went on the jeep and sat beside me. Sa kaliwa ko. Since I was sitting sideways, nakaharap ko siya all of a sudden. I was surprised, I immediately looked the other way. Sa bukana na ako nakatingin ngayon.

He sat beside me for a few minutes. I felt something touched my shoulder, but I ignored it. I cluctched my shoulder bag close to me. I kept on looking at my right side until he left the jeep. It was weird because he get off even before the jeep left the terminal. Pagkababa niya, he gave me this "maniac-ish" grin, and he never took his eyes off me until the jeep was far from him... until he was off my sight. I shivered.

Pagdating sa Bagong Ilog, I prepared myself to get off the jeep. Then there is this man who sits infront of me. He's looking at me weirdly. Then parang hindi na siya makatiis, he pointed at my left shoulder. And the woman in front of me (yung nagpasuyo ng bayad) is also looking at me, like she knew something "bad" has happened to me. She said, "yung lalaki kanina..." Hindi na niya matuloy yung gusto niyang sabihin.

I froze. Akala ko ipis. Magffreak out na sana ako. But I slowly looked at my left shoulder, and I was devastated. Something whitish, sticky and slightly bubbly is on my left shoulder. I was rattled. Nanginginig ako na hinawakan yung left shoulder ko, and the smell was weird, I could say terrible. I almost burst into tears when I said, "Para po". While I was walking, I got my tissue and hand sanitizer to clean up. I don't want to think about "what is that". But I was really devastated. However, I was thankful because nothing bad has happened to me. God is great, and good.

To my friends, specially the girls, take care of yourself, lalo na pag bumibiyahe kayo sa gabi. As much as possible, go in groups, or dapat may kasama kayo lagi. Most of all, pray. It's the strongest and ultimate protection you can get.

Now I am planning to not to take my usual travel routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Infolinks In Text Ads